Reading & Homework Program
Any participant (ages 9-17), new or old, may receive reading help two to three times a week. Kids who need help are teamed with a college student to work on their reading skills. Each reader takes a reading assessment test at the start and at the end of each three month program.
Community Bike Works' programs require performance measurements.
All the children participating in the Reading & Homework Program will:
- Take a Reading Test at the beginning and end of the three month program
a) 40 % of the children will show an increase in reading level of at
least one grade
- Produce a writing project that will demonstrate the use of proper sentence structure and grammar
- Spend at least 50% of their time on reading development.
- 44 kids participated in two, three month long reading programs
- 58% increased one or more grade levels